Rosie Perez

Rosie Perez was the daughter of Lydia Perez, a merchant marine, and Ismael Serano. She was born in Bushwick Brooklyn, New York City. Rosie is Puerto Rican. Rosie attended Grover Cleveland High School, Ridgewood, Queens, New York. She later enrolled at Los Angeles City College, Los Angeles, California. Rosie Perez was just starting her second year at college and about to return to New York. Her friends had thrown her an excuse to go away party. Spike Lee offered her a part in his film Do the Right Thing (1989). She said yes. This would be her first big acting role. In Peter Weir's Fearless (1993) she played the part of Carla Rodrigo, for which she was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Artistess. She was defeated by Anna Paquin, for The Piano (1993). The Latin community was the source for the majority of my criticism at the beginning of my career. They would invite me to lunch and say to me, "Can you go and learn how to reduce the sound of your voice?". Or, "When it's a talk show, how do you not be funny? My voice was always a source of criticism. I tried to alter my voice. It was my voice I couldn't bear to change. I am grateful that my octaves diminished as I grew older. Boxing is all about conquering your fears. Boxing is more about fighting for your own rights. Floyd Mayweather could be punched or swung clean down his middle and he'd be adamant about it. And I'm aware of what he's doing. [Who talked about Don Cornelius watching her dance" Don Cornelius did not want to know how I danced . I was dancing hip-hop, and it was foreign to people out in California. They were only acquainted with popping and locking, and so hip-hop dancing wasn't something they would like to learn. Don was as if, "No, no, no. You're a woman. I was like, "What? It's really bizarre. It was really bizarre.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amanda Lamb personal life

Alexandra Rose Raisman Bio

Stelle Ciccone biography